Can benefit from the status of free zone, companies falling into one or more of the following categories:
- domestic labor-intensive businesses;
- companies focused on the use of local raw materials, in particular agro-industrial companies, companies processing mining products;
- companies with advanced technology, in particular computers, electronics, assembly of telecommunications equipment;
- companies practicing international subcontracting;
- enterprises producing inputs for the enterprises listed above;
- service companies, in particular industrial maintenance companies, support services, export-oriented or whose activity complements and facilitates that of approved companies, with the exception of services subject to authorization or those which are likely to undermine national security;
- technopoles focused on research, technological innovation and export-oriented
Zone developers also benefit from this status.
Excluded from the benefit of this statute are mining companies, cotton ginning companies, international trade and brokerage companies and telecommunications companies.
Also excluded are storage, packaging and repackaging companies, except storage and packaging companies for agricultural inputs.